I’m happy to announce I was nominated for this Sunshine Blogger Award by Anneliese Dalaba. You can see her blog by clicking HERE.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition for bloggers across all genres who inspire “positivity and joy.” While there is no formal evaluation or vetting process, and no tangible prize, I am truly honored to receive this award because it is special when it comes from fellow bloggers who know and appreciate the craft. So, thank you Anneliese for nominating me!
Now, a few things I need to document for the Sunshine Blogger Award ⇝
Sunshine Blogger Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My answers to the 11 questions from Anneliese:
- What inspired you to start writing or did you always want to write? I remember very vividly wanting to be “a writer” as a kid from my earliest school days. Many don’t know this but I used to write frequently and I’ve written a few full novels but it’s been several years since I’ve delved into that and don’t expect to actually publish anything.
- Does writing energize or exhaust you? Depends on the time of day lol.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go? ENGLAND! Seriously, my life isn’t complete until I get to visit 😉
- What is your personal, most effective way to get past writer’s block? Take a breather. Walk away and don’t think about it. Ideas usually tend to pop in after you stop trying to think about it.
- Of all the blog posts you’ve written or vlogs you’ve created, which is your favorite? Please post the link. This is not an easy question! I think the first one that comes to my mind is the author interview I did with Heidi Chiavaroli for her book The Hidden Side because it was both my first author interview and my first giveaway. You can visit it HERE.
- What is your favorite memory about attending church? I have several memories that warm my heart but if I’m going back in time I have to go with hearing my grandma sing. It’s been several years since she has passed away and it saddens me that I struggle to remember her regular voice but her singing voice is still very vivid in my mind.
- Which Bible verse has especially helped you recently? Is there one that stands out in your mind? Psalm 91:4. I actually shared about it this week for His Encouragement Thursday.
- How did you become a Christian? When I was little my parents sent me to summer Bible camp with a friend of mine up the road. Her family also took me to AWANA each week. I became a Christian at summer camp but it wasn’t until my high school/college years that I really started to understand what it means to live for Christ. Yes, I was excited about it when I was little, then had some “middle school rebellion years” after that, but as I got a little older the truths really started to take root and became more life-altering.
- Why did you start a blog or vlog and what do you hope to accomplish through it? I started my blog to share reviews for books I was reading since I had already started sharing on Goodreads. I actually tried blogging in the past but any of the sites I created never lasted more than a few posts. My blog now has been obvious from the beginning that it was meant to be and I’ve been blown away with how quickly it’s grown and developed into much more than I ever expected. Initial goals have altered a little but my hope is still to share about Christian Fiction and other good clean reads. Anyone who tells me they don’t like to read–I tell them they just haven’t found the right book yet 😉
- If you are an author, why did you choose to write a book? Please share a link to one of your published books. Sorry can’t answer this one lol.
- Which disciple do you most relate to and why? Ooh this one is tough! I’m going to have to go with Peter though. I think of when he walked on the water. I would hope that I could walk on the water and have no fear, but if I’m being honest fear is a real sinker (pun intended). How wonderful though to know that Jesus didn’t let him sink–but reached out his hand and pulled him up. Although situtationally different, the idea is still the same that he does this for me too. <3
My 11 nominees are:
- Michelle @ The Mimosa Blossom
- Kathleen Denly
- Yvette @ Bookworlder
- Nicole @ The Christian Fiction Girl
- Jacquelyn @ A Heavenly Home
- Trisha @ The Joy of Reading
- Rebecca @ Rev Rebecca Writes
- Gina @ Stories by Gina
- Melissa Finnegan @ Genesis 5020
- Audra @ Audra’s Book Blabbing
The questions for my nominees:
- What is a favorite book from your childhood?
- If you could have lunch with any author who would it be?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- Is there a genre you refuse to read?
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- If you could give one piece of advice to new bloggers what would that be?
- What’s a real-life fact you learned in a fictional book?
- What is your favorite book, character, or story in the Bible?
- Who is your favorite historical figure?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island and could have 1 personal item and 1 survival item what would you pick to have?
Thank you readers and bloggers for your continued support. You are all awesome!
Congrats! Thanks for the nomination.
Thanks and you’re welcome!
Hi Becca! I’m so glad you participated in this. I went to the links you shared and you truly deserve this recognition. I loved reading all of your answers. I loved the memory you shared of church with your grandmother and hearing her sing. Such a precious memory. Psalm 91:4 is a beautiful verse. Reading about how you came to be a Christian once again showed me how God holds onto us and helps us to get to where we need to be. Where would any of us be without His amazing grace? Kari Jobe’s worship song at the end of your devotional in the link you shared blessed me today. I sensed your love and commitment to our Savior through this post. God bless you, Becca.
Wow thanks so much your encouragement means a lot to me! ❤️