About the Book
Book: No Greater Love
Author: Gina Holder
Genre: Christian Romantic Suspense
Release date: April 30, 2019
He said he’d never risk leaving a widow.
She said she’d never love a man in uniform.
Paige McDonald collects antique literature and works at the largest bookstore in Portland, Oregon. When her grandfather, a firefighter, was killed, she vowed never to fall in love with a first responder. An old Bible leads to an unexpected discovery and disrupts everything she knows about herself, her family, and God. Her desire to know the truth sends her to the town of Whitman directly into the radar of Patrol Officer Hamilton Bryant.
After the loss of his best friend and fellow officer, Hamilton vowed never to marry. He won’t risk leaving a widow. Instead, he reserves his passion for serving his family and the town he’s sworn to protect. When a series of robberies and threats against the mayor correspond with Paige’s sudden appearance in Whitman, their paths intersect.
Click here to purchase your copy.
No Greater Love was so much more than the back cover described. There were multiple threads to the story that weaved together impeccably to build the perfect masterpiece.
Paige is more than just a girl afraid of love. When she discovers that her past isn’t what she’d always thought, she sets off on a journey in search of answers. Yet things aren’t quite what they seem in the town of Whitman, and she appears to have arrived right in time for some mysterious criminal activity including threats to the woman campaigning for mayor. Afraid to reveal her true reasons for coming to town, she manages to put a target on herself unknowingly. Paige was also an avid book lover, and I adored seeing her work to help revive a little bookstore in town back to being profitable again. There was so much to her story, and I loved every moment of it.
I loved the level of complexity to this novel. Even though there was a lot going on, it wasn’t difficult to follow along. It helped to keep the action and suspense high without needing to add over-the-top or unrealistic content to keep the readers connected.
I am genuinely curious where the author will take readers in the second book in this series. I don’t want to ruin the ending at all, but after that last line I simply MUST know what happens next! (No peeking! 😉 ) This is a novel I highly recommend!
*I received a copy of this book through CelebrateLit. Thoughts and opinions expressed are mine alone.
About the Author
Gina Holder completed the Long Ridge Writer’s Group “Breaking into Print” course and graduated from Faith Bible Institute. In August 2017, she published her first novel, Whither Shall I Go. She is active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads. Her Website and Blog is found at http://storiesbygina.wordpress.com.
She lives in Colorado with her husband and daughter. When she’s not working on her next novel, she enjoys reading, watching movies, singing, and playing the piano and organ.
More from Gina
Fun Facts about No Greater Love (Don’t worry, spoilers weren’t invited to this party.)
- I love the smell of coffee, but I don’t like the taste. I asked my coffee-loving friends on social media for their favorite coffee drinks to use in the story.
- Tyler, Tony, and Timothy Thorne were modeled after three brothers I saw playing on a beach in Hurgadah, Egypt.
- R. Electronics was based on an actual store my husband and I saw in a mall.
- When Paige and Hamilton meet, he is looking for a runaway goat. This happened to my husband and me. We were out admiring large mansions, when a police officer pulled up behind us. We thought we were in trouble for loitering. Instead, he asked if we’d seen a goat running around the neighborhood.
- Hamilton’s deceased best friend is named after my childhood friend, William Donnelly. Will was a U.S. Marine killed in battle in Afghanistan. Like the character in the story, he got married only two months before his death and was killed on Thanksgiving Day. No Greater Love is dedicated in his memory.
- The character Jessie Faye is named after an elderly woman my husband knew while living in Fossil, Oregon.
- The diners in the food court scene were written from personal observations at a food court in Colorado Springs.
- While Whitman is a fictional town, it is modeled after the real town of Enterprise, Oregon, at the foot of the Wallowa Mountains.
- Several locations in the book are real establishments in Enterprise, including Heavenly’s Restaurant, the Espresso and Car Wash, El Bajios, and the Bowlby stone courthouse.
- There are several beloved pets in No Greater Love, including a parrot named Gerald, a Persian cat named Delilah, and a labradoodle named Bruce. All the pets have names except for Aunt Hattie’s Dalmatians.
- Paige McDonald works at Powell’s City of Books in Portland, Oregon when the story opens. Powell’s lays claim to the status of the “largest independent used and new bookstore in the world.”
- Portland is the fifth city in America with the most coffee shops per capita.
- The statistics for the Whitman school—100% graduation rate and a 1:13 student-teacher ratio is not fictional. They are the actual statistics of the Enterprise High School.
- Behind the cash registers at Powell’s, there is a fake dictionary definition—“Smell bound: held as if under the spell by the scent of books.” This is the inspiration behind the opening scene of No Greater Love. The word, Bibliosmia, means the smell of old books.
Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, July 16
The Becca Files, July 17
Just Your Average reviews, July 18
For Him and My Family, July 19
A Good Book and Cup of Tea, July 19
The Christian Fiction Girl, July 20
Godly Book Reviews, July 20
Library Lady Kid’s Lit, July 21
Moments, July 22
Books, Life, and Christ, July 22
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, July 23
Retrospective Spines, July 23
Vicky Sluiter, July 24
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, July 25
Pause for Tales, July 25
Texas Book-aholic, July 26
janicesbookreviews, July 27
Inklings and notions, July 28
Mary Hake, July 28
A Reader’s Brain, July 29
To celebrate her tour, Gina is giving away a grand prize of a signed paperback copy of No Greater Love and Whither Shall I Go plus a $50 Amazon gift card!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.