A few years ago I started working overnights doing some data entry and the job allowed us to listen to audiobooks. I hadn’t listened to them before, and I’ll be honest I think I’ve only listened to one since I left over a year ago. I’m planning on going back at the beginning of the year though so I’m ready to get back into some listening. I’m going back as a temp so depending on how long I stay it will affect the number I expect to listen to. For now I might set a goal of about 40.
This will be my first year participating in the Audiobook Challenge hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer. This the 7th year of audiobook fun. Whether you are new to audiobooks or a longtime fan, I hope you join us for the 2018 Audiobook Challenge.
I created a special shelf on Goodreads to keep track of my progress. You can view my shelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/60763817-becca-rae-weidel?shelf=2019-audiobook-challenge
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My goal is for My Precious but wouldn’t be surprised if I hit Marathoner. Hop on over to Caffeinated Reviewer to sign up if you are planning to give audiobooks a try this year.
I think I’m going to be participating in this challenge in 2019! I read a lot of books on audio 🙂